8.14.2008

Yikes!

11 more days until school starts?! I'm not ready!

OK I did get my books and register. But that's about it.

What about all my grand plans about purging and packing and finishing my sewing and... ad nauseum... I did manage to finish the cushion cover for my mom last week.

I am looking forward to vacation this weekend and next. I need a break from working. Last one was back in February and that was for a wedding.

I am looking forward to this semester; it'll primarily focus on adults and more of the psychosocial aspect of OT. Or at least that's what I think it is based on the books.

Just think, one year ago I started OT school. I really believe time exponential speeds up as one ages.

Oh, and I found two references to occupational therapy. One was when I was catching up on movies and finally watched Auntie Mame, after she becomes a widow and encouraged to write a memoir, she states:

"...[T]his is some kind of conspiracy. Some trumped up occupational therapy, like leathercraft, or hooking rugs."

(BTW, she does write the book and it becomes a hit)

There are several references to occupational therapy in a puppy training booklet by Dr. Ian Dunbar entitled BEFORE You Get Your Puppy but they all essentially state the same thing:

Natural inquisitiveness prompts the lonely pup to dig, bark, and escape in his quest for some form of occupational therapy to pass the day in solitary confinement.

See? OT is everywhere!

No comments: