8.18.2008

1 more week

until school starts... I'm not sad that school's starting. In a nerdy kind of way, I'm looking forward to it. I'm just sad vacation's ending.

In the time off that we've had, I've been thinking about what area of OT I'd like to go into. I think it's hard to go into pediatrics when you have kids of your own. Also, all three of my kids were born premature so they've all spent time in the NICU. By default then, it leaves adults or older adults. I think I would have preferred to work with either of these populations anyway even if I didn't have kids.

Another area that interests me is use of adaptive/assistive technology. Yes, I'm a gadget geek. I am simply amazing what a person can accomplish when a person is given the right tools (that goes for everyone, not just those who are physically disabled).

BTW, have you seen the Luke arm? It was invented by Dean Kamen, of Segway fame.

No comments: