8.25.2007

You say it's your BIRTHday!

Well it's my birthday too - yeah! [continue Beatles head bopping]

So, I decided to splurge on myself for my birthday and bought a spanking new laptop:[img: NewSonyVAIOThatWeighsLessThanABowlingBall.jpg]

It's not Gamer-ready (or Battle-ready or whatever) but it's plenty for me. Besides, it beats what I used to have:
[img: MeInMyBestTweed.jpg]

Anyway, I won't go into detail about how much of a Royal Pain in the Patootie the sales guy was - mainly when it came to his persuasion of my needing an extended warranty because he has "literally sold thousands" (his words, not mine) and knows what he's talking about. I just don't care for the hard sell. It doesn't work on me. In fact, it was such a turn-off that I was close to just forgetting the whole thing and going somewhere else. But I didn't want him to ruin my happy day.

So that was Thursday.

Here's how Friday went:
8:30-2:00 : Orientation for OT School [insert angel's choir here] [insert reason why there's an angel's choir is because I am stunned that I actually am starting OT School]

2:00-2:30 : Got cellphone swapped because the backspace key didn't work. Never realized before how dependent I am on backspace. Have determined fingers are "fluffy".

3:00-4:30 : Treated daughter and self with manicure/pedicures. (It's our twice a year treat.)

4:30-5:00 : Finally leave nail salon after s-l-o-w-l-y putting on carseat buckles on daughter. Have decided that next time, will NOT get manicure and thereby curing all hand/finger immobility via new manicure. In meantime, will master "jazz-hands" technique of buckling child restraints.

5:00-5:30 : Drove to parents' house with "jazz-hands". Managed to only smear 1 nail.

6:00-6:30 : Visited daughter's 1st grade teacher for next year. Stunned that summer has come and gone so quickly. Quietly mourn the loss of lazy summer mornings.

6:50 : Returned home. Start work.

And here I sit. Still. Because I only have 4 more hours until I'm done with my shift.

Yup.

1 comment:

Patti Henk said...

Good luck to you! : ) I'm starting my MOT school on Sept 5th. It's good to know someone else is in the same boat with me! Feel free to check out my blog, it's all OT student related.

Patti198@aol.com