8.26.2007

Last day of summer

Well my birthday's over. My parents threw a surprise party for me. Just a small gathering but it was just funny how my mom did it:

[Mom calls on phone @ 11:30am Saturday morning]
Me (groggy, because I just fell asleep): Hello?
Mom : Happy Birthday! Oh, can you come fix my computer? Pleeeeassseeeee?
Me: Ugh, can't you just use Dad's?
Mom: No, I really need it - pleassseeeeeee? Come by at 2:15 or 2:30. C (my husband) has to come over and get something out of the attic anyway - just come with him
Me: No, I really need some sleep - I've only gotten 3 hrs sleep and I still need to work later tonight.
Mom: PPPLEEEAASSSEEEEEEE PLEEEASSSEEE I really need it to work PLEEASSSSEEEEE
Me: [*grunt*hack*wheeze*]
Mom: Pleeeasssssseeeeeeeee.....?
Me: I'll think about it.. *snore*
..
By this point, I was suspecting something but not certain because a) my mom never whines b) if she really needed her computer to work, why would I have to wait at a specific time and c) my parents can get into the attic themselves, why all of a sudden needing help?

Anyway, I didn't think much of it after that so I dragged myself out of bed, got ready while C got the kids ready and we went over there. And SURPRISE! Party for me! I know she probably wanted it on the actual day of my birthday; I just wish I was more awake for it.

So, the day is over and cake was eaten - yum! mocha cake! And now it's Sunday - The Last Day of Summer Vacation. My daughter and I are a bit sad since we both go back to school on Monday. We are both definitely lazy morning people. I'm only going to work a couple hours Sunday, rest of the shift I took off as vacation. Both of us girls have got to force ourselves to go to sleep early again.... and wake up early. Although we both know this, we have failed miserably. Well I shouldn't say that she failed because she is The Child and I am The Parent and what I say goes and I have the bad habit of doing stuff at night (cleaning, reading, watching TV) which she picked up.

Bottom Line: OT School - excited!! Waking up early - boo!!

No comments: