8.20.2007

So.. why am I doing this?

I've asked myself what I'd focus on this blog. I've had blogs/journals/diaries in the past but was never satisfied; in a way, I felt kind of pretentious - who else would care about what I have to say? In a way, it was just a place to collect my thoughts.. but they are so haphazard, at least to me. Eventually, the perfectionist in me would take over and scrap the whole thing.

What's so different this time? I don't know really. And honestly, I don't know exactly is going to spill out of my head. What I do know is that I love science and I love art. I am by no means an expert in either one of those subjects. If anything, I'm more of a groupie. I discovered occupational therapy after my kids were born (all premature) and now that they're older, I've decided to take a step towards making it a career. This field, at least my impression of it, marries both science and art so perfectly that I can't believe I didn't declare this as my major in the first place. Oh, I know why - because I had no idea it existed. I would have been one of those people that thought the "occupation" part had something to do with working in the HR department.

Simply put, I want to record my experiences. Chances are, the focus will primarily will be kids, house, OT school because that's probably all I'm going to have time for. I am sure I'll stumble and whine and curse... but I'll try my best to keep that to a minimum. After all, this is more of a personal journal and no where close to a professional one.

One week from now, I'll start OT school. It's a bit overwhelming with everything going on! Luckily, my work allows me to work from home and just on weekends. Granted, I work the midnight shift so what that means come Mondays, there is a strong possibility that I will be perceived as bi*chy. But I promise I will be much nicer Tuesdays.

T-7 days and counting...

No comments: