8.12.2007

Pre-reqs are done!

This past Friday was the last of the pre-reqs (neuro A&P). I AM DONE! But it's only just the beginning. Now I'll actually start the MOT program - wow! This has been a long time coming; honestly, it really doesn't feel real. Have you ever planned for something so long that by the time you actually complete it, it's more like, "wha? there's actually a next part to this?" College was that way, but not really. It seemed more like an extension of high school. And also, undergrad was work. I mean chore-like work. Like laundry (which the bane of my existence and will probably be a running theme in this blog). This is due to the fact that at the time I was picking out my major, I didn't really consider what I actually want to do. Daily. For the rest of my working life. See? I didn't look at it that way. I thought any job will do. Anyway, I'll talk about that some other time.

OT School, on the other hand, is something I look forward to because I actually want to do this. Wow - what a concept! From what I've been reading out in the intertubes, OT students really love school. That is such a foreign concept to me. You mean, it's not about finishing whatever it is and getting a job and realizing the grown-up world is not all that it's cracked up to be. OK, need to get away from that topic again.

So we'll have orientation in a couple of weeks and the following Monday will be the start of school. I am ScaredCrazyOutOfMyMindWhatAmIThinkingMaybeIShouldWaitAndStartNextYear ... and if I can just harness that nervous energy and just focus on school, I think I should be OK. Who needs Red Bull? Pshaw!

House Update: C, the kids, and my parents (and me) went out there after Dim Sum-dayTM today. The mason has put up part of the wall in the master's bedroom. They should be delivering the steel for the columns on Tuesday. Should be updating the house blog sometime next week.

Kids Update: They're glad I'm done with this class. Next thing that came out of their mouths were "Can we go swimming NOW?" Of course, I said no because it was evening by that point and they spouted off something like It's not fair/We never get to go/I'm going to live with Mama and Papa (my parents). To which I responded that's fine and that's just less laundry for me and then I can donate all their old toys. To which they said NOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!! Haha - I'm mean.

No comments: