9.22.2007

What week is it? I've lost track... Oh wait, Week 4

I feel like I've been going on crisis management - just barely keeping up, putting out fires, only completing the assignments that are due and putting readings off. But I know I'm not the only one so in that, I find solace.

I've been thinking how as a hope-to-be future OT, how I can improve myself. After all, how can I promote wellness if I don't consider myself to be "well"? It's the weight; I've put on quite a bit ever since the kids were born. I didn't have a weight problem as a kid so this whole getting older, metabolism slowing down is hard to get used to. Anyway, I have been going running at least x3 a week. I've gotten to the point where I look forward to it; it's a part of the day where I take time and just evaluate where I am, what I need to do, etc.

We had gobs of projects due this past week for our Tools class. In a nerdy kind of way, I enjoyed it. I don't often get the excuse to watercolor (which I used to create my personal mandala). I really wish I had the right brush to do that background. I did that with a brush that was similar to a lipstick brush. I changed that green border to black just to make it bolder but right now I'm too lazy to take another picture. Oh well, it's done. One day, I may go back and explain what the different things mean.

One of the things I had to complete was my pithy quote, which I took out of The Healing Heart. I decided to decorate my quote with a bit of knitting; it was fun to have that diversion even though it was just a wee bit. So I dedicate this to Karen:

(Sorry about the quality of the pic; I used my camera phone.)

Now that those projects are out of the way, I feel less stressed. Even though I still have 2 (or is it 3) group projects to go.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hey Mama!

I've been watching your site, haven't been so great at commenting since I too have been somewhat in crisis management mode 0 at least I don't have children or a husband to add to that load, I admire you for managing it all.

I LOVED your watercolor and your Ora Ruggles quote. Both were stunning - I was impressed.

By the way, if it makes you feel any better - nobody really does the readings. At least in my program, it's just too much on top of everything else. If I find the time, I skim the chapter headings and read a line here or there to get the general gist.

Hope you are continuing to like OT school even if it is insanely busy!!!