4.05.2008

Back to the Basics

So right now, we're trying to figure what we'd want to do/where we want to go for Fieldwork II. The fleeting thought crossed my mind that I'd want to go to Australia, Hong Kong, or Philippines, all of which I have friends/relatives I could stay. Then I came across this video that describes OT in Singapore. I think they they did a fantastic job covering the basic question: "What is occupational therapy?"



Although I'd love to go overseas, I think I would miss my kids, my husband.. you know, blahblah mushy mom/wife stuff.. though it is only 6 months. Still, I suppose I'll stay in the western hemisphere.

I'm still curious though: anyone from Asia/Australia/any other part of the world that may be considered unique to that region? Are there any differences in practice between East and West coasts? I know a lot of it depends on the type of facility but I'm just wondering what's out there.

No comments: